Tyler G. Smith, M.D.
About the Doctor
Dr. Smith is the Founder of the Sierra Spine Institute. He is a Fellowship Trained and Board Certified Orthopedic Spine Surgeon. He focuses his practice exclusively on evaluating and treating conditions of the spine in adults and adolescents.
I believe we have a clear obligation to provide patients with as much information about their care as we can. Informed patients simply make a better decision about treatment options and enjoy better outcomes. I also have a healthy respect for surgery and am of the opinion that it should be avoided if possible. However, if your condition requires an operation, it should be done in a way that preserves uninvolved tissue as much as possible – i.e., minimally invasive.
- Spine Surgery Fellowship – Stanford University Combined Program, Department of Orthopedic Surgery. Stanford, CA and St. Mary’s Hospital, San Francisco, CA
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency – The Ohio State University Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Columbus OH
- Undergraduate – University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, CA
- Medical School – University of Nevada School of Medicine, Reno, NV
- Board Certified by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgeons
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- North American Spine Society
- Society of Lateral Access Surgery
- International Society for the Advancement of Spine Surgery
- California Orthopedic Society
- Sierra Sacramento Valley Medical Society
- Sutter Roseville Medical Center
- West Coast Joint and Spine Center
- Sutter Surgical Hospital North Valley